Equality And Diversity Policy
Last revision: 01/11/2019
Equality and Diversity Policy
Irish Heritage’s Equality and Diversity Policy is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst any employees and volunteers. It is in our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in all our activities.
Our aim is to ensure that any employees, job applicants and volunteers are given equal opportunity and that our organisation is representative of all sections of society.
Each employee and volunteer will be respected and valued and able to give of their best as a result.
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to any in our employment and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation.
We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All employees and volunteers, no matter whether they are part-time, full-time, or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect.
When we select candidates for any employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, it will be on the basis of their aptitude and ability.
Any employees and volunteers will be given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents. Therefore, the skills and resources of our organisation will be fully utilised and we will maximise the efficiency of our workforce.
Irish Heritage commitments:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued.
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee and volunteer.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment, and to discipline those that breach this policy.
- To make training, development, and progression opportunities available to all employees and volunteers.
- To promote equality in the workplace, which Irish Heritage believes is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures.
- To encourage employees and volunteers to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To regularly review all our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times. We will inform all employees and volunteers, that an equality and diversity policy is in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in the workplace.
The policy will also be drawn to the attention of funding agencies, stakeholders, performers, students and job applicants.
Our equality and diversity policy is fully supported by the Board of Trustees.
Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity is continually promoted in the workplace.